...these silver lines, travel from my thoughts to yours, wavering, floating like spirits dancing...


Thursday, October 9, 2008

Teray Ishq Nachaaya

Something I came across a while ago, and thought of sharing with you

A superlative translation of the old favourite by Bulleh Shah:

Tere Ishq Nachayya

Come fast o physician,
Or of life I'll be free;
Love for you makes me whirl in ecstasy.
The solitary sun has hidden away,
Leaving crimson tracery on the way,
By way of tribute to you
Life I'll forfeit, utterly undo
O beloved I erred so,
In not accompanying thee;
Love for you makes me whirl in ecstasy

Within me love for you has made an abode,
I myself drank
The brimming poison lode;
Love for you makes me whirl in ecstasy.
Summon Bulleh Shah for Shah Inayat

has brought us to the door,
Whose love do I whirl bedecked in varied shades of green and red.
Whilst dancing rapturously
Beloved I found thee;
Love for you makes me whirl in ecstasy.



Muzaffar Ghaffar.

No comments:

Post a Comment