...these silver lines, travel from my thoughts to yours, wavering, floating like spirits dancing...


Saturday, October 11, 2008

Of forwarded messages and unknown numbers!

Like most sane (?) people, I too own a mobile phone. Like most sane (?) people, I too have suffered forwarded messages from unknown people. They wouldn't bother you much, until and unless the sender claimed to know ALL about you, including your name, and used your name with the messages.



I was having thoughts that this unknown sender, using 3 different numbers, was the same person who used to message me some while ago, and who claimed then as well, that he knew me, and that his offer of friendship was pure (oh really?)

I use Warid, and the numbers from which I received these messages, were also Warid numbers, so today, after getting really annoyed by the relentless stream of these messages, I call the Warid Help Line, and file a complaint.


So far so good, no bogus messages.... thank god. So work is peaceful, and I'm happy :)


But nonetheless, I'm amazed that people still have the time and the patience to send forwarded messages, and persue people who are genuinely NOT interested in their offers. But what can be done? right?

I cringe at most of these messages... most are of shairs, and stupid shairy, that's trying very hard to be romantic and lovey dovey, but failing miserably, I think you know the type. Unfortunately, I don't have any samples, or I would've gladly demonstrated the kind. But as it is, I deleted them, some before even reading them...

No comments:

Post a Comment