Recently went out and really splurged with food shopping. Its such a comfort to choose good food, and select from a wide variety, estimating and planning. And its a such a pleasure to have something stored in your kitchen to eat and to cook :)
Obviously when the things were rounded up by the cashier, mum's eyes popped open, but I was taking care of it, so it was ok.
So here's what I bought, and all are needed in your kitchen and in the storage, so it was all good! I wanted some fresh fruits and vegetables but there wasn't enough time for that.
Some really good mature cheddar cheese
cream cheese spread
blueberries in syrup
preserved cherries from Swat
a good fresh french bread
fruit and nut bread
instant soup packets
And this should take care of it!
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Met my bestie after a long long LONG time today! It was so much fun! Madiha makes everything happy and good and cheerful and chirpy again, just the kind of person she is!!! I love you Madi!!!
We went for some pasta at this really noisy place, which of course we didn't know would be this noisy, cause we tried it for the first time. But the garlic prawns were good. After a long chit chat, and loads of much needed catching up, we decided to go to cinnabon for some sweet. Loved their warm cinnabon with coffee, plus with her around, it was sooooo much better!
Life is short, so you should fill it up with people you love, and who love you, and always be positive and enjoy each other's company as much as you can.
There are many human relationships which we have or make during our life time. Some are naturally given to us by fate, such as parents, siblings, relatives etc, and others we choose, such as friends or partners or lovers. And I think its the variety of these relationships that add beauty and meaning to your life.
When while talking to your best friend you realize that you can achieve anything, be anything, do anything you want, because you have the potential for it, because you have what it takes, and because you can go the distance. They've known you and you've known them. You know each other's weaknesses and strengths. You know what the other is capable of. And you know the troubles, the grief, the little eccentricities about one another.
By the way, here's the recipe for the cinammon buns!
Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
1/2 cup warm Water
2 packages dry Yeast
2 Tablespoons Sugar
3 1/2 ounce package Vanilla Pudding mix
1/2 cup Butter, melted
1 teaspoon Salt
6 cups Flour
1 cup Butter, softened
2 cups Brown Sugar
4 teaspoons Cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 ounces Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Margarine
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3 cups Confectioner's Sugar
1 Tablespoon Milk
1. Mix all ingredients until smooth.
1. In a bowl combine water, yeast and sugar. Stir until dissolved. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, prepare pudding mix according to package directions.
3. Add margarine, eggs and salt. Mix well.
4. Add yeast mixture. Blend.
5. Gradually add flour; knead until smooth. Place in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled.
6. Punch down dough and let rise again.
7. Then roll out on floured board to 34 x 21" size.
8. Spread softened butter over surface.
9. In bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon.
10. Sprinkle over top. Roll up very tightly.
11. With knife every 2 inches.
12. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet 2" apart.
13. Take hand and lightly press down on each roll.
14. Cover and let rise until double again.
15. Bake at 350 15−20 minutes. Remove when they start to turn golden. DON'T OVER BAKE.
16. Frost warm rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting