...these silver lines, travel from my thoughts to yours, wavering, floating like spirits dancing...


Sunday, July 8, 2012

Breakfast sausages with herby tomatoes



A fairly easy breakfast recipe AND greatly satisfying, too, if I do say so myself. A quick foray into the fridge this morning (and my craving for something meaty and herby yet fresh), revealed some small breakfast sausages, ripe, red tomatoes and Italian bread. So, here it is, plain and simple but so delectable!

4 small breakfast sausages
1 medium tomato
2 slices of Italian bread
dried basil
a splash of balsamic vinegar
a splash of extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Cut the sausages in half lengthwise. This will give you 8 pieces of sausage, 4 for each individual bread slice. Chop up the tomato. Splash with the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with dried basil. Add in salt and pepper. Mix the sausages and the tomato well with this dressing. I loved using my hands to coat the sausages in the fragrant dressing and seeing the tomatoes glisten and come alive with it! Next, toast the Italian bread, and put the sausages on top and then spoon in the tomatoes with the herby dressing. That's it! Chomp away!

I wish I had a little patience to take a few pictures, but I was too hungry to bother about taking any!

Can't wait to try more variations of this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment