...these silver lines, travel from my thoughts to yours, wavering, floating like spirits dancing...


Friday, November 30, 2012

An odd wish list


It is said that people can be read by their faces-
If so, then you know
I’m loud and crazy and a little bit kind
My life’s been a journey – of travels and colours,
And photos and books and lots and lots of cartoons.

I wanted to be a relic hunter,
a poet, a writer, a swimmer, a teacher
the fastest horseback rider.

I wanted to be a lawyer, a fighter,
a singer, a dancer,
the world’s best baker.

I wanted to be a hairdresser,
a painter, a doctor,
a museum curator.

I wanted to be a slim figure-skater,
a librarian, a hunter,
the biggest stamp and coin collector.

I wanted to be a crime scene investigator,
a spy, an actor,
the most cold blooded vampire.

No comments:

Post a Comment