...these silver lines, travel from my thoughts to yours, wavering, floating like spirits dancing...


Sunday, August 26, 2012

Two poems

Run away home, little bird, run away home
with a tuft of grass tucked between your beak
run away home.

Fly away home, little bird, fly away home
I watched you as you sat perched on the railing
from the kitchen window
the sun blazing through the afternoon sky
fly away home, little one, fly away home

The clouds were aflame with the sun's fiery glow
as you hopped away with your treasure in your beak
no doubt in a hurry to fix your little nest before the air chills
so run away home, little bird, fly away home
ere the hour grows longer and the shadows disappear

______________________________

Things fall apart and fall together again
like little pieces of blocks they fall away again
I watch as they float around me
little pieces of a puzzle that is my life
I sit and question the stars when all is quiet
and watch as the moon moves silently, darkly on its orbit

An unknown feeling, silently, so silently
it creeps up my whole being until I am bereft
of everything that I call mine
taking over the tiniest moment in the present
and stretching it on till forever

The darkest shadows call out from the silent night
deafening in their beauty and relentless in their power
They seem to know me, and I know them
their secret is hidden in the curve of the moon
and the light that shines darkly from it's pale face.

No comments:

Post a Comment