...these silver lines, travel from my thoughts to yours, wavering, floating like spirits dancing...


Thursday, February 3, 2011

Breakfast bruschetta




Breakfast bruschetta

For breakfast today, I made my take on a breakfast bruschetta. I used plain white bread, cut it in quarters and toasted the pieces in some extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan, until they were a delicious golden brown colour. For the topping I boiled an egg, chopped it some rough pieces. Same with a ripe red tomato. And a handful of green olives in brine. I didn’t have any cheese on hand, so I used some Thousand Island Dressing instead. Then just assembled everything one on top of everything else… so easy, and I must say, a couple of toasted bread pieces disappeared before I could assemble them! A very fulfilling breakfast, full of yummy flavor, and all the energy you need to go through the day!



2 pieces of bread (choose any you like)

2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil

One egg

One tomato

A handful of green olives

3 tbsp of Thousand Island Dressing

Freshly ground black pepper



Toast the bread pieces in some extra virgin olive oil till a nice golden colour. Bring to plate. Spread a little of the Thousand Island Dressing on top of the bread, and then the chopped boiled egg. Now spread a little more Thousand Island Dressing on top of the egg, and then the tomatoes and green olives. Sprinkle a little fresh ground pepper and munch away!

Mmmm…YUM!

PS. I must say that in my hurry to eat the bruschetta and in greed, I didn't get a chance to photograph the beautiful pieces, the colours were just amazing, white, yellow, green, red, brown, golden, peach.... So I googled a picture and used the one above instead from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment