...these silver lines, travel from my thoughts to yours, wavering, floating like spirits dancing...


Friday, September 28, 2007

The concept of beauty

Beauty. One word. Many meanings. In my short life, I have come across many different perceptions on beauty, each one as differing and varied than the other. Surely, if beauty is given such a high seat in today’s time, surely then, people would hold a unanimous opinion on the definition on beauty. But as I found out, and as you will find out later for yourselves, this wasn’t the case. In fact, people hold completely opposing views on what beauty is from different corners of the world.

Why? I believe, that beauty like art, cannot be defined into a set of words all of which attempt, albeit feebly, to explain what it is. Therefore, to find out a perfect definition would be futile.

The second part of my dilemna started when I wanted to know why, in today’s modern world of the twenty-first century, people still hold beauty a very important deciding factor, if not the most important one, in almost all their day to day business.

No comments:

Post a Comment